Since a few new events have been announced recently, I thought I'd give a run-down on some major R conferences coming up in the next six months.
- February 18: satRdays, Cape Town (South Africa). This is the second in a series of one-day conferences inspired by an R Consortium proposal. The first event in Budapest was a great success, and the lineup (including an all-women keynote program) looks equally awesome this time around. I'm sad I can't make this one myself!
- April 21-22: New York City R Conference (USA). New York is a hub for R developers, and people come from all over to hear what some of the major contributors have to say. This conference also has a diverse keynote program, and includes a renowned Python developer(!).
- May 19-20: R in Finance, Chicago (USA). Now in its 9th year, this conference brings together a fantastic community of R users working in the finance industry. The call for papers is open through February 28.
- May 25-26: ROpenSci Unconference, Los Angeles (USA). This is a great gathering focused on use of R for open science.
- June 5-7: EARL, San Francisco (USA). The Effective Applications of the R Language conference adds a new US venue, and like all EARL conferences will feature real-world applications of R. The call for papers is open for this event and also the London conference to be held September 12-14.
- June 28-30: Sixième Rencontres R, Anglet (France). The annual R conference in France, now in its sixth year.
- July 4-7: useR!2017, Brussels (Belgium). The big one! The annual worldwide R conference attracts hundreds of R users from around the globe with dozens of user-contributed talks and a fascinating keynote program. Talk proposals are being accepted through April 1.
Update Jan 24: And here are a few other conferences suggested by readers:
- May 25-25: R à Québec 2017, Quebec City (Canada). The first French-speaking conference focused on R in North America.
- June 8: R in Insurance, Paris (France). For academics and practitioners using R as a primary tool for insurance risk management, analysis and modeling.
- July 26-28: BioC 2017, Boston MA (USA). Annual conference for developers and users of the BioConductor suite of packages for analysis of genomic data.
- Nov 6-7: Use of R in Official Statistics, Bucharest (Romania)
Know of any other major R conferences coming up? Let us know in the comments.