by Bill Jacobs
Revolution R Enterprise is the industry's first R-based analytics platform that supports a variety of parallel, grid and clustered systems such as Hadoop, Teradata database and Platform LSF Linux grids.
Last year, we enhanced Revolution R Enterprise (RRE) to support big data systems, with support for Hadoop. We continued expansion of RRE in 2014, adding support for Teradata EDWs in March, for Kerberos in May, and for MapR Hadoop in June.
We're continuing our commitment to big data analytics in R by releasing RRE Version 7.3. Available immediately, RRE V7.3 adds a number of new capabilities:
- A new Stochastic Gradient Boosting algorithm called rxBTrees, provides a machine learning algorithm that creates boosted classification and regression trees. Like our Decision Forests algorithm (equivalent to Random Forest) trees are fitted to subsamples and boosted, but added sequentially. At each iteration, the new regression trees are fitted to the current pseudo-residuals, further improving prediction accuracy.
- PMML export for Decision Forests including our new Stochastic Gradient Boosting algorithm.
- A production-tested API for writing custom parallelized algorithms in R with expanded support for EDWs and clustered systems like Hadoop.
- Performance and memory utilization improvements for our Decision Forest algorithm.
Updated and Improved Platform Support
- Simplified and automated Hadoop installation processes including improved Cloudera Manager Parcels for CDH4 and CDH5.
- Improvements in performance and memory utilization for Teradata EDWs.
- Support for YARN on MapR Hadoop with support for MapR version 4.0.1.
- Certification of the new Teradata 15.0 and Cloudera Hadoop CDH 5.1 platforms.
Deployment and Integration
- Enriched output from data scoring by appending additional variables that simplify use of scored data by other applications.
- RRE now includes R version 3.1.1
- Revolution Analytics has released a version of DeployR as open source.
RRE V7.3 is available now. Existing users have been notified of the availability of the download and it’s recommended for all RRE users. If you’ve not received your letter, contact support or your sales team to get the information.
While it’s a “minor” revision, it’s an important one, especially for our big data users. For more information on RRE version 7.3, browse:
For more information on Revolution’s DeployR integration and deployment platform browse:
Have a look and tell us what you think in the comments.